British Council Photography Style
Our brand is our reputation and all of us have a responsibility to deliver a consistent and powerful brand experience.
Photography has a major role in making the British Council brand distinctive.
Choosing the correct image can have a strong, positive impact upon your audience and help communicate our messaging effectively. Good images can evoke an emotional response.
The photography checklist below will ensure your photos are always on brand.
- Photos should capture an interesting or exciting moment. They should not be overly formal or posed.
- Show inspirational moments.
- Focus on colour and movement
- Images should be vibrant and bright.
- Show diversity.
- It is not all about people- eg you can show an interesting image of a classroom.
- Avoid the metaphorical - eg, if talking about success, don't show a staircase.
- We don’t use clip art.
For further info on photography please sign into the brand site http://brand.britishcouncil.org
If you have any brand related questions please contact your member of the brand team.
Susy VIllafañe - Americas Brand Lead and Brand Champion
Megan Oliver - USA
Jenny Rodriguez - Mexico
Kiwayne Jacobs - Jamaica
Juliana Ferreira - Brazil
Laura Moreno - Argentina